“Help me, I’m a loner!”
Walt, Thao and Sue have been invited to a talk show with the title “Help me, I’m a loner”! In the show they have 2 minutes to first present themselves and then bring forward arguments why or why not
- they are in fact loners
- they are desperate about this and feel they need help
Afterwards, the audience is allowed to ask questions.
Preparing for the talk show
- In order to prepare for the first part, Walt, Sue and Thao are asked to fill in the character card.
Take notes on the first 4 questions on your character card on the basis of what you have learned about Walt/Thao/Sue so far. On the right, write down phrases you can use to present yourself and to talk about your relationships (More help: phrases to talk about belonging).
- Cut out the card. Using your notes and the phrases, present yourself to 2 other students with the same character. Give each other feedback and tips for improvement.
Together, answer the last two questions and write down helpful phrases. (More help: phrases to talk about relationships and belonging).
- Together, think of five questions that you would like to ask the other character (Walt, Sue or Thao).
- Now cut out the card. Practise your presentation three times:
- Look at your notes and the phrases on the right.
- Fold your card, so that you can only see the notes, but not the phrases. Give your presentation again (including the phrases!).
- Give your presentation once more. Look at your character card only if necessary.
“Help me, I’m a loner!”1
1 Material aus: Schwerpunktthemenkommission der Regierungspräsidien Baden-Württemberg: The Ambiguity of Belonging. Gran Torino, S. 41.
Talkshow loner: Herunterladen [docx][89 KB]
Talkshow loner: Herunterladen [pdf][172 KB]
Weiter zu More Help