Lösungshinweise zum Arbeitsblatt
Film Up: How Carl met Ellie
- If you need help with the vocabulary, you can ...
- ... use one of the dictionaries on the teacher´s desk
- ... take one of the vocabulary sheets
- First, read the questions (see below) (3 minutes)
- Then watch the scene about Carl and Ellie. Take notes (5 minutes)
- Proofread your notes carefully (2 minutes)
- Second viewing (5 minutes)
- Second proofreading (2 minutes)
- How does Carl know that someone is in the old house?
He can hear Ellie´s voice.
- Where does Carl live?
in a small town in the U.S.
- What does Ellie use for binoculars?
two Coke bottles
- Where and how did Ellie get hold of the text "Paradise Falls, a land
lost in time", which she has glued into her scrapbook?
She found it in a library book and ripped it out.
- What do Carl and Ellie have in common?
They are about the same age; they are fans of Charles Muntz; they live in the same town.
- In what ways are Carl and Ellie different?
Carl is shy and awkward and doesn´t talk very much; Ellie is very lively and practical.
- Why does Carl like Ellie?
She shows him that she likes him; she admires Charles Muntz; she encourages him to take part in her adventures; she is very spontaneousand yet reliable.
- Why does Ellie like Carl?
He shares her admiration for Muntz; he accepts her the way she is.
- What are Ellie´s dreams for the future?
She wants to travel to Paradise Falls and live there.
- What does Carl think about her dreams?
He thinks that maybe she (they?) could go to South America in a dirigible. (He does not say this, but when Ellie says that she doesn´t know how to get there, he looks at his toy dirigible).
- What does Carl promise to Ellie?
He promises to take them (!) to Paradise Falls.
Film Up: How Carl met Ellie – vocabulary
binoculars (pl.) – Fernglas
to glue – kleben
How Carl Met Ellie (Lösungshinweise für Lehrer): Herunterladen [doc][30 KB]
Weiter zu Logical Links and support