WS 3 – All that popularity stuff
I. Tick the right answer
1. Greg figures later on he will be rich and famous, does that mean
a) he will be a rich and famous figure ❒
b) he imagines a future as a rich and famous person ❒
2. Why does Greg say that „this book“ is going to „come in handy“?
a) Greg is going to have it as an app on his smartphone ❒
b) Greg believes he can use it as his autobiography once he has become famous ❒
3. What are “morons”?
a) rather dumb idiots ❒
b) hot sweet chestnuts ❒
4. What is the “record” Greg talks of?
a) the report he makes with his diary ❒
b) a disk made of vinyl ❒
c) a super result in sports ❒
II. Rewrite in your own words:
e. g.“ middle school is the dumbest idea ever invented” → middle school is no good.
1. “Kids like me who haven’t hit their growth spurt yet.” →
2. “… these gorillas who need to shave twice a day” →
3. “Outta my way, runts!” →
III. State what’s right or wrong:
1. Tuesday was the first day of school r ❒ w ❒
2. Greg writes in his diary when the teacher is busy during the lesson r ❒ w ❒
3. Plunking down ones things on any old desk in the classroom is the best
thing to get a good permanent seat r ❒ w ❒
4. Greg was glad to sit next to Jason Brill r ❒ w ❒
5. If Greg sat between hot girls he wouldn’t have learnt anything from last year. r ❒ w ❒
6. The note for Shelly means that the girl is in love with Greg r ❒ w ❒
IV. It’s all about the girls and popularity – retell in your own words:
1. Retell what Greg says about the change of “girls”. Check pages 6- 7.
2. Why is his friend Rowley not the ideal listener for the “popularity stuff? (p.8)
WS 3 – All that popularity stuff: Herunterladen [docx][19 KB]
Weiter zu Solutionsheet