How to do mediation
- What is your task (write an e-mail or talk to someone or write a report)?
- What is the text about?
- Who do you write for or who do you speak to?
- Is it a German person or an English person or an American person?
- What would this person like to know?
- Is there any information that you can leave out because it is not important for this person?
- Is there any information that you should explain to this person because only a person who lives in your region can know it (e.g. Vesper)?
- Always remember to be polite.
- If you don´t know a word:
- Explain it (e.g. Internat – a school where you also live)
- Paraphrase it (e.g. Dachboden – the highest place in a building)
- Use a similar word (e.g. ein Geheimnis lüften = lösen – to solve a mystery)
Mediation: Herunterladen [docx][14 KB]
Weiter zu Characterisation