WS 8 – Rowley
- Greg’s “technically best” friend
1. Why does Greg sometimes go mad about Rowley?
- Check his statements and tick the right explanations:
“Rowley is technically my best friend, but that is definitely subject to change.”
- Rowley is his friend because he is better at doing technical things like defining subjects and other grammar techniques. ❒
- Rowley is a friend but not in the emotional way because there are times of stress once in a while. ❒
“I have told Rowley at least a billion times that now we are in middle school, you’re supposed to say “hang out, not ”play”.
- Rowley still behaves as in elementary school because he is a bit behind in developing into a teenager, so Greg finds his behaviour embarrassing in front of others. ❒
- Greg tries to get across to Rowley that he should behave more “grown-up” and not showing the others that they were still playing like little kids. ❒
No matter how many noogies I give him, he always forgets the next time.
- No matter how many sweets Greg gives Rowley, he always forgets to behave the way Greg wants him to. ❒
- No matter how often and how aggressively Greg reminds him of not showing childish behaviour, Rowley just doesn’t care because he cannot see a reason why he should. ❒
I guess I kind of felt sorry for Rowley, and I decided to take him under my wing.
- Greg wants to warm Rowley up like a hen does with her chickens because Rowley is always cold. ❒
- Greg recognizes that Rowley lacks some intelligence and is a bit retarded in his mental development. ❒
2. Have a look at page 20. What does the cartoon tell you about the way Greg treats Rowley? Why has Greg befriended Rowley anyways? Write a short comment. Use the information above. It might “come in handy”.
WS 8 – Rowley: Herunterladen [docx][138 KB]
Weiter zu Solutionsheet