Klausurenbeispiel Lesen Multiculturalism
|E J 1||
Test No 1
Marking the 200th anniversary of Britain's abolition of the slave trade
Story from BBC NEWS:
Published: 2007/03/20 16:19:32 GMT
© BBC MMX
The following sentences are key sentences from the excerpt given. Explain their meaning within the given paragraph.
- Although he realises the struggles his grandparents went through, Reece is well aware of pressures that surround him. (ll. 8ff.)
- The memory of slavery impacts negatively upon black communities. (l. 15)
- Slavery has long been abolished but the legacy of it remains. (ll. 27ff.)
- Many black leaders and artists are now focusing on young black Britain to help eradicate the problems. (ll. 30f.)
- Now black people are in the charts, sports, producers, a lot of white kids want to be black. (ll. 42f.)
- Many black people remain positive about that journey and are hopeful about what the future holds too. (ll. 49f.)
Deal either with task 1. or task 2.
- There are different influences in a multicultural society like the British or American one. Explain in what way these influences can be both positive and negative.
- In a panel discussion on TV different immigrants describe their immigration experiences in a speech at the beginning of the discussion.
Among them is Faraj al-Byarshan, 41, an engineer who immigrated to New York from Iraq in 2005. His wife and his two sons followed him in 2007. Refer to his family situation, his reasons for immigration, positive and negative immigration experiences and his hopes for the future.
|Contents: 20 cr.||Language: 30 cr.||
Total of credits: 50 cr.
Klausurenbeispiel Lesen Multiculturalism: Herunterladen [doc] [26 KB]